The innovative Bowflex SelectTech 1090 adjustable dumbbell (sold individually) offers resistance from 10 pounds to 90 pounds in 5-pound increments. It does the work of multiple dumbbells in one. You’ll need just a few feet of space in your home workout area to use this one.
Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Dumbbells Description:
The 1090 dumbbell has a dial mechanism. As you turn the dial upward, the handle latches on to additional weight plates. An easy-to-read display shows you how much weight you’ve selected. Lower settings will allow you to perform basic strength and toning exercises, such as dumbbell curls and calf raises, while with heavier weight you can tackle more demanding movements such as lunges and shoulder shrugs. There’ll be no need to buy more dumbbells as you become stronger – the SelectTech 1090 provides all the weight you need.
Pros of Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Dumbbells:
- FREE SHIPPING and save when you buy from Amazon
- The dials make weight-adjustment very speedy and effortless
- The separate dials allow for different settings on each side of the dumbbell
- Possible to do a full-body workout with a pair of Bowflex SelectTech 1090 dumbbells
- The dumbbell plates align themselves automatically when placed back in the rack
- See below for user Reviews on Amazon
Cons of Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Dumbbells:
- The all-metal grip has a rough texture for better grip; solution: place some tape around the handles, or use gloves, if you find them too rough. However, the shape of this handle gives a better grip when using heavier weights.
- The bar is a little long for some exercises, such as double bicep curls; solution: perform one set with each arm individually.
- The dumbbell stand is more or less a necessity; heavy dumbbells are tough to move around without one, and the stand must be purchased separately.